Sunday, June 28, 2020

Grace for ALL

 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.  Rev 22:21

Literally the last words in the Bible.  Is this a command, a promise, or a model for life?  Yes.

We were blessed this morning with a word from our pastor about the final 2 chapters in the Bible, speaking about those we will find there.  Much was shared about the light we'll find in Heaven, about the saints we miss and look forward to seeing and about the Heavenly beings (the angels, seraphim and cheruim) and then he closed with the final verse in the Bible.  

Listen to the words slowly......   The GRACE... of The LORD Jesus... be... with ALL.   Amen (may it be so).  

I must admit that both my wife and I jumped to referencing Captain Picard ending a command statement with, "make it so."  Funny, we chuckled to each other.  But what if that was really what it meant?  Are the final words in the Bible a command statement?  And if this is the case, how do we, "make it so?"  How do we make available the Grace of the Lord Jesus to all?  

Step one I think is remembering that it was made available to us, to me.... you.  Be honest right now, there was no good reason for you to be saved, you were a sinner, a liar and unworthy of grace.  I can say this because I know that I was not worthy.  I sometimes ponder the goodness and mercy of God to have saved me.  The moment I forget this fact I find myself being judgmental of others and the Spirit steps in, using various means, to remind me of who I am... the adopted son of God.  I was chosen by Him to receive His grace which He freely makes available.... to all.  

Step 2 is to remember that because He overlooked my unrighteousness, I am to overlook the same in others when showing grace, mercy and when opportunity presents itself to share the gospel unselfishly.  Jesus went to prepare a place for me in His Father's house, could he not then also prepare a place for another unworthy soul; of course he could.  

step 3 is to make it so.  I don't have to pray about it, He's already commanded it multiple times.  I don't need to ask for clarification, He said to go to my neighbor and to the whole world.  I don't need to ask for an example, His proverbs told us long ago what the Kingdom of Heaven is like.  I was the 100th sheep, I was the leper washed clean.  I need to act on it, keeping my eyes open for His next sheep, His next leper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment