Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Today was good.  Even without my wife's help, I didn't leave any of the kids stranded at one of the activities they participate in during the week.  We had dinner provided through the volunteer efforts of my number one daughter, and so will be the case for the rest of the week.  I was able to assist a stranded motorist, and help to ease her anxiety after a pretty scary incident.

Today was bad.  My back hurts..... bad.  I have to buy a (2) tire(s) for my car.  I drove across T-town 3 times, dear OPEC, have mercy on me.  My wife is out of town for 4 days.  I missed a deal in a big way.

Today was ugly.  I am constantly reminded how easily we fail to live up to Jesus' command to love each other.  Simple things like brothers in a common cause caught up in name calling and back-biting.  I see clearly the end of a ministry's 15 year long history, short of a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment